I NEED AN INTERN!
Two Spoons Photography is an alternative wedding photography business based in RVA and I'm looking for a social media/web content/administrative rock star intern! This (paid) position will be for approx. 4-5 hours/week with the opportunity to expand into second shooting. I serve couples with a strong DIY/feminist/punk sensibility, and am looking for a bright and efficient addition to my team.
Tasks will include:
- Using Pinterest/Twitter/Facebook to promote the TSP brand and portfolio, especially Pinterest because I hate Pinterest and never want to look at it.
- Ordering prints and designing/compiling mailings for clients
- Submitting weddings for publication to blogs
- Selecting photos from each wedding for editing according to very precise requirements
- Helping book/research travel options
- Whatever else comes up!
You would be a good fit for this if you:
- are an art, fashion, or photography enthusiast with energy, passion, smarts, a great work ethic, and an interest in thinking outside the Wedding Industrial Complex box.
- have a better-than-average grasp on social media strategy, progressive political views, stellar writing skills, and can pick up new computer programs quickly.
- want a chance to work in a feminist, flexible environment and get a behind-the-scenes look at running a photography business.
Send me a note to email@example.com about why you'd be awesome for this gig (1 page MAX) with the subject line "I'm your kickass intern!" - applications not following this simple instruction will be discarded. Formal resumes not required; portfolios encouraged.
DISCLAIMER: I have hired at least two interns in the past who have flaked out on me after a month or two. I won't make you sign anything, but I expect the intern to stick with me until at least November 2015 (end of wedding season).
Deadline to apply: June 12, 2015