Many of you know that I was in Charlottesville yesterday, August 12th, as part of an anti-fascist demonstration against the Neo-Nazi/white nationalist gathering "Unite the Right." Everyone in my group made it home un(physically)scathed, but not everyone was so lucky. If you want to contribute but aren't sure how/where, here's a list of resources/ways to get involved that I will try to keep updated. Thank you all so much for the love and support.
- GoFundMe in support of Heather Heyer's family; Heather was murdered by a white nationalist terrorist when he drove his car into a crowd of people/cars
- YouCaring in support of Alexis Morris & Noelle Morris, who were in a car that was hit by the car driven by a Nazi/white nationalist as part of the terrorist attack that took Heather Heyer's life
- GoFundMe in support of Dre Harris, who was beaten (on video) by Nazis/white nationalists without any police intervention
- Patreon for the @yesyourereacist Twitter account; this account is helping identify Nazis/white nationalists who took part in this weekend's riots
- Paypal the River City Medics, a collective of street medics who were on the scene yesterday and provided vital first aid to people injured by the terrorist attack
- General Medical Support Fund for #DefendCville -- there is an alt-right attempt to discredit this page to discourage donations, those allegations are false and this link has been vouched for.
- General Support Fund for Solidarity Cville
- Natalie Romero Medical Fund
- Guide to solidarity actions tonight/this week
- Black Lives Matter chapter list
- SURJ (Showing Up for Racial Justice) chapter list
- This isn't for everyone, but often Unitarian Universalist Churches have connections to local grassroots movements/groups. Find your nearest UU Congregation here.
THINGS TO READ
- The Root, "Maybe Now Isn't the Time, Guys"
- Washington Post "Who are the Antifa?"
- NYTimes, "Charlottesville and the Bigotocracy"
- GQ, "Charlottesville Is the America That Donald Trump Promised"
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates